Monday, May 16, 2011

Why?

Why is it so hard, sometimes, to believe the things that God has said?

Why is it so hard to believe that He loves me when I see that He suffered and died for me, out of love, so that He could be reconciled to me and I could be His child?

Why is it so hard to believe that I am covered by the righteousness of Christ and set free from the condemnation and wrath of God when He has told me so many times in His word?

Why is it so hard to believe that He looks at me as His beloved and precious treasure when I have felt His arms holding me with comfort and strength in the midst of my bewilderment and sorrow?

Why is it so hard to believe that I am forgiven and that He is not angry at me when time and time again He has been there for me and with me in the darkness and the pain?

Why is it so hard to believe the truth that could set me free from the lies that torment me, when I have no reason not to trust that my God is unfailingly faithful and true?

"God is not a man, that He should lie... has He spoken, and will He not make it good?" (Numbers 23:19) But I still find it so hard, sometimes, to believe the things He says.

No comments:

Post a Comment