Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

I've been pretty busy today spending time with my mom (and family) and my fiance's mom (and family) and it was awesome! It is so nice to spend time with people who love and enjoy each other, and to help make the day special for the moms whom it is intended to honor :)

My mom is such a blessing to me! Her heart is so full of love for her family, and she is always willing to serve others and volunteer her time and energy and skills wherever they're needed. Thinking back as far as I can remember, I can call up countless memories of time she spent with me and my brother and sister, teaching and laughing and living life together. I remember reading books together, skipping rope together, picking blueberries together, baking together, studying math and history and geography together, and on and on and on - she has always been the constant presence that made our house a home and knit our family together, and I am so incredibly grateful to her for all that she is and does.

I love you Mom! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment