Tuesday, May 3, 2011

And He tells me I am His own...

Hymns and contemporary worship songs are often so rich with both meaning and beauty, pairing the truth of the Word with music. So I don't mind at all when one gets stuck in my head because I can get so much out of having those words going around in my mind all day long :) Today this old hymn went around with me for a while:

"I come to the garden alone,
While the dew is still on the roses,
And the voice I hear, falling on my ear,
The Son of God discloses.

And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.

He speaks, and the sound of His voice,
Is so sweet the birds hush their singing,
And the melody that He gave to me,
Within my heart is ringing."

Thinking about that kind of intimacy with God brings tears to my eyes because it is so amazing! He tells me I am His own - He accepts me, and wants me, and chooses me, with all my sins and flaws. He speaks to me, He puts a song of joy in my heart, and He pours His love and grace over me in more abundance than I can fathom! How wonderful is our God!

No comments:

Post a Comment