Friday, September 9, 2011

Unfailing love

"Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us." - Romans 8:34

If you would, stop and think about that verse for a while. When I read it on Monday, it shattered the blinders that had been covering my eyes, and melted my heart with the sudden realization of how very much I am loved by God.

See how rich and unfailing is the love of God! It was not demonstrated once only at the Cross, but continues without pause through the present and for all eternity. Jesus our Lord, the One who died on our behalf, is still our mediator, still our intercessor, standing between us and condemnation. We cannot earn such love, but the glorious truth is that we do not need to earn it! He gladly overflows our hearts with it, floods our lives with it, and utterly overwhelms our small attempts at meriting grace with it. Every time we fail and sin again He says, "This one is already covered. She is mine, and I have paid the penalty for her sins, and I hold her fast for all eternity in the depths of my love."


No comments:

Post a Comment